Strategic Priority #1
Designing Learning Experiences for Tomorrow
Town will build on a vibrant and joyful educational experience by creating more challenges and learning opportunities for every boy across all academic disciplines. Curricula will be designed and differentiated to engage and stretch boys, with coursework allowing for varying paces and providing authentic opportunities for problem-solving and intellectual development. Town will ensure that every boy possesses the skills he needs to thrive and lead as a lifelong learner in the 21st century.
The world is changing at a rapid pace with technology innovations and global economies redefining the skills and knowledge necessary for success. In order to thrive in their academic, social and professional lives, children and adolescents today must be strong critical thinkers. They must be nimble and flexible, adept at understanding and collaborating with people across all backgrounds, and adapt their modes of thinking to new and unknown challenges. Our methods of teaching and assessment must evolve in tandem.
- Ensure an outstanding educational program that develops a well-rounded portfolio of 21st century competencies in each boy from academic preparedness and artistic abilities to health and fitness.
- Enhance curricular integration and project-based learning in conjunction with a cohesive curricular scope and sequence across the grades.
- Develop competency-based student assessments and student reporting systems, including evaluation of content understanding as well as academic, non-cognitive and life skills.
- Forward a learning environment where scholarly pursuits are celebrated and boys find a rich array of opportunities for engineering thinking and problem-solving, as well as offerings for intellectual endeavors such as mathematics festivals, spelling bees, debate programs and film festivals.
- Capitalize on the Dolby Theater and use music, dance, theater arts and film programming to further boys' understanding of classroom content and ensure that every boy develops a creative voice, storytelling and communication skills while experiencing the benefits of risk-taking and teamwork.